Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Where my reading has taken me recently...

6 Essential components to make an informed decision about a profession


1. It must be something you genuinely like to do.
2. It must be something you have the ability to do.
3. It must be something you can earn a living by doing.
4. It must be something you are permitted to do.
5. It must be something that brings cultural affirmation--most people need to feel respect from their peers for what they do.
6. Most importantly, it must be something you feel God approves of.

Book talked about the critical decade of age 16-26 where we make most of the important decisions which will determine the course of most of the rest of our lives. Sadly, this is also the time where most people flounder and make regrettable mistakes.

My heart was crying for some guidance on Tuesday on how to build a strong next generation, a strong generation of young adults, when I chanced upon this book. Good material for teaching on love, life, money, power, profession, purpose, self-worth, confidence.

God, teach me how to teach. Doesn't take much more than a fool to state what one wants, but to guide them into all righteousness... My heart pains at the sobering thought that my dear girls are not growing as much as they can be because I am incapable of teaching/of being. God has a syllabus, so I feel safe.

Is 30:20-21 "...He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right or to the left."

Oh that they will run... and win.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?